Monday 4 March 2013

Blogchallenge: M.a.s.T.e.R.Y

Hello and welcome to my Blogchallenge! Today's topic is Mastery.
 
What a topic! The definition of the word is:
a. full command or understanding of a subject
b. outstanding skill; expertise
c. the power of command; control
 
Here is how I look at it:
 
Creativity:
When it comes to my creative work, like painting, collaging, taking photos, movements, journaling... I do not wait or I do not judge myself to "not have it super perfect yet" or to have a final beautiful outcome.
 
If I was longing for an outstanding skill in this area - I guess I would never start to do anything. Which would be a pitty.
 

Backgrounds from my latest work. Birdies. In process.

 
 
My work:
When I decided to become a Dreamcoach and to help others to live a happier and fullfilled life- I wanted to have all  the expertise to do that.
 
When I wanted to go on stage with my One- Women-Show- I absolutely needed to master the technics to be able to express what I wanted.
 
 
 I help my clients to get clarity and power with my intuitive Dreambook readings.
They are getting wings, an open heart and a lot of courage.
 
 
My learning:
I always wanted to learn from the best. From the masters. That is why I took the risk and left my beautiful appartement, my 6 figure job, my beautiful country and went to the auditions of "The International School of Mime of Marcel Marceau" in Paris.
 
Risk taking and being brave is so worth it.
 
I learned from the Master himself and this gave me the skills I needed. In my personal live and growth and as an Entrepreneur.
 
 
Up to you:
What do you think about Mastery?
How do you look at it when it comes to creativity, work and learning?
Do you have a story?

Please share it with us- it is so beautiful to inspire each other.
 
Not a follower yet? To become one just go to ther right sidebar of my blog.
You also can like my page on Facebook or follow me on Twitter at @a_hiltbrunner.
 
Next Blogchallenge:
March 18th 2013 with the topic: Release
 
Next In the Spotlight:
March 8th 2013
 
LOVE&LIGHT
Andrea
 
 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was longing for an outstanding skill in this area - I guess I would never start to do anything. Which would be a pitty.- very well said ...... i think thats where i have been holding back

Anonymous said...

I was longing for an outstanding skill in this area - I guess I would never start to do anything. Which would be a pitty.- very well said ...... i think thats where i have been holding back

Andrea said...

Jaajaabor- then you have been inspired to do it today! Love, Andrea

Frauke Moebius said...

Hi Andrea,
that's a very thoughtful post. Yes, I think mastery is something we should aim at - and then allow us to practice for the rest of our lives. I think that I, personally, will be surprised if mastery happens after much practice.

And I admire your courage to turn your life around and actually study with a master. Wow.
- Frauke

Unknown said...

Hi Andrea,
Very nice post. I am impressed about your studies with Marcel Marceau. I would like to hear more about that.

What comes to my mind around "mastery" is a quote that I used to match one of my drawings. Here it is:

"Knowing others is intelligence;
Knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
Mastering yourself is true power.
If you realize that you have enough,
you are truly rich."
- Tao Te Ching

The link might get you to the matching drawing:
http://innervoicedrawingblog.blogspot.com/search/label/mastery

Sage Grayson said...

Hi Andrea! I've had to learn to move forward without waiting for things to be perfect or for me to be an expert. You're right--I'd never accomplish anything if I wait. I love how you are such a risk taker and you always follow you (brave)heart. And your birdies are adorable! :)

Here's my post: http://sagegrayson.com/are-you-an-expert-achieving-mastery-of-your-skills/

Dr. Tiny Jaentsch said...

Hi andrea,
you know I have so many letters in front of my name. And yet somehow my first impulse always is to get one more ,-)
I think mastery at something comes from a certain skillset yes and from the heart. Especially from an open heart, otherwise it's lifeless and dull.

thank you for making me think.
tiny

Andrea said...

@Frauke, thank you very much for your words! Love, Andrea

Andrea said...

@Monika: It was a wonderful time in Paris! I was so happy that I had the chance to get trained by Marcel Marceau- he was in his 80ties! In my German Freebie I share some stories about that time. If you want to download it you can do that in the Free section on this blog or on my Swiss-Website: www.andreahiltbrunner.com

Andrea said...

@ Sage! I love to see you here every week, Sage! You blog is just so wonderful! I highly recommend my readers to visit it and also to download Sages Great E-Book: You find it here:

http://dreamheartsmartart.blogspot.ch/2013/02/in-spotlight-sage-grayson.html

Andrea said...

@Tiny- thank you very much for your comment. I did get some diplomas and I was always happy to have them, but when it came to the creative part- I was never longing for that, because in my opinion it is very difficult to measure art and creativity and expression, because it is so individual.